The most difficult thing about going from being a married dad to a single dad was not sleeping under the same roof as my children every day. Getting them up in the morning, feeding them breakfast, getting them ready for school… and then at night, asking about their day, checking the schoolwork, and finally tucking them in and getting a goodnight kiss… the daily connection with your children is such a blessing, so rejuvenating to the mind and spirit. And most important of all—having access to a hug from someone who loves you whenever you need it is the greatest gift. There are days when the world is beating you down, and you desperately need the balm of a loved one’s arms wrapped around you to let you know it’s okay. When you’re a single dad who’s children don’t live with you, when you have those sorts of days, most of the time you come home to an empty house and just have to deal with being beaten down alone, and hold on for the next visitation when you can finally get the hugs and kisses that you need. My ex often laments about how difficult and busy it is being a single mom, but I would trade places with her in a heartbeat.
Check out my other blogs
- The Live Music List myidealwoman.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/the… https://t.co/WH6NOf7Ysj 6 months ago
- Gimple’s Been Brainwashed by the Church of Cliffhangers talkingteevee.wordpress.com/2016/04/04/gim… https://t.co/muhkvGJOTt 6 months ago
- art babes BBQ being single blogging bourbon CalorieCount Camelot celebrities children creative dating death diet divorce divorced dreams Drinking Liberally Facebook Fall TV Fishbone Fleetwood Mac friends friendship Georgia Satellites Happy Endings health healthy-living hot actress iPod Kids kisses Kissing Liberal Life live music Love Making Out Marriage Metric movie review movies music Neko Case Of Monsters and Men online dating Parenthood parenting party podcast podcasts politics R.E.M. relationships Richmond romance screenwriting Sex Sex Nerd Sandra sexy singing single single life socializing Sonic Youth Stephen King Tegan and Sara thank you The Friend Zone The New Pornographers The Walking Dead TV Why You Suck In Bed women writing
- The Live Music List
- When Someone is Grieving, Let Them Know You Care
- With a Little Help from Fate
- The Opposite of Addiction is Human Connection
- …She’d Love my iPod (Part 6)
- That Kiss (Masters of Sex S2E6 “Blackbird”)
- 3 Years!
- Cockblocking Hand of Fate
- Single Dad’s Lament
- BAH HUMBUG
- Me & Hank Moody
- Glad I’m His Dad
- Two Words
- A New Ride Makes a Huge Difference
- Checking in
- Beautiful advice from a divorced man after 16 years of marriage
- First Kiss, Last Date
- First Date
- Show More Kindness
- OKCupid, I Choose You!
- The Look: Fathers, Children, and Mad Men
- Perfectly said: A Daddy’s Letter to His Little Girl
- Best Of… Updated!
- A Son’s Question on Father’s Day
- Some Reasons to Smile
- …She’d Love My iPod (Playlist for my BFF)
- My Ideal Woman — 2 Years and Counting!
- Feeling Charlie Brown
- New Fantasy Story, Chapter 2 “Gifts”
- …She’d Love Seafood Too